Whether or not you’ve mentioned any of them to her lately, there are a million reasons why your mom is the best person in your life. Moms are courageous, spectacular beings who understand the depth of love more than anyone else, and on Mother’s Day, we need to let them know that the feeling is definitely mutual.She is irreplaceable in our hearts for good reasons and although you never knew what she was thinking on the inside, she always had your best interest at heart.
Make sure her sacrifices have not gone unnoticed. Give her about a million thank-yous. And on Mother’s Day, make her feel like the most special woman on Earth… because literally she is. So call your mom, get her something nice, and tell her just how awesome she really is.
Here are just a few of the reasons why she is the most wonderful person you know.
- If it weren’t for your mom, you wouldn’t be breathing right now. If nothing else, you should thank her for that.
- A mother’s ears and eyes hear and see everything. They also have a computer-like memory for all the good (and some of the bad) that came your way. It’s nice to have someone with whom you can reminisce about your whole life.
- She loves you even when you don’t love yourself in the adolescent years. There are some tough years where we don’t even know who we are anymore but our moms stabilized that feeling with her love for us. No matter what we do, what mistakes we make, what we say, or how much we upset them, their love for us will never subside. It will always be unconditional. We live in a world where sometimes we don’t realize how hurtful our words can be. Although she might take it to heart when you ask her to drop you off a block away from school, she is still going to love you when you get home. Let’s face it, she puts up with your crap. No matter how big the fight or disagreement, you can always count on her to resolve the issue. Open your heart and drop the resentments because your mom would much rather hug it out and put it in the past. Her smile is contagious and you can’t help but cave in when you see it.
- Your mom is the one who supports your dreams when no one else will. When the world turns their back on you, she’ll be standing there with open arms. She will be that unbiased opinion you need once drama strikes and she will get you out of trouble when you need it. She is your person. Nothing is as valuable as her presence. She knows you better than you know yourself. She senses your pain, and radiates positivity. She can read your mind in situations of awkward silence. She knows you, respects you, and lives for your success.
- She is my number one cheerleader.I don’t think I will every meet another person more dedicated to my success and ready to celebrate my accomplishments than my mom. She is hands-down my biggest supporter and will always be standing at the finish line of whatever race I may be running. I could be crawling across that finish line and she’d still be cheering for me the whole way.